ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Church

I've been looking for a church since I arrived, and now that I've been here a month I was starting to feel a little lonely.  Not knowing anyone is really a test of sorts.  Trusting in God to supply my needs, leaning on Him in a new and different way then I've ever had to before.  I don't know what He has in store, but I do know that He is my king, and anything He brings me He also brings me the strength to handle.  
I think I've found my church.  I've gone from SVC to SRC.  Solid Rock Church was thee most inviting, encouraging, loving church I've ever entered.  Very sincere people, and a very diverse group.  People from every walk of life.  This is just what I was looking for.  I'm thankful for such a delightful Sunday.  I'm going to try their Wednesday meeting this week.  I'm excited to go. 

 "How precious is your steadfast love, O God!
The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
 They feast on the abundance of your house,
and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
 For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light do we see light."
Psalm 36:7-9

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the great posts, Carolyn. I have a fun time talking with you early in the morning when all the west-coast dwellers (alas, what we also once were...) are still asleep!

    Love,

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPEE!!!! Rejoicing that you were so blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete