ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Florida....and a time of Thanksgiving

It's always when you're away from your family and friends that you truly appreciate all that they bring to your life.  God has changed my life in many ways this year.  He's asked me to go out of all I know and pushed me into a new and different place.  It's been everything I knew it would be, and then about 10x more.  I'm so thankful for all that he has set in front of me.  All the friends, my church family, and the family I work for.  They were brought to me, and the transition was hard, and challenging, but also a time of joy and excitement.  I'm so excited to be here.  I get the opportunity to see and experience all these different things. 

I spent Thanksgiving in Florida with my work family.  Henry's parents own a condo in West Palm Beach Florida.  It was absolutely beautiful here, and an amazing weekend.  The ocean was incredible, and I've never been in an ocean where it was worthwhile to put on goggles.  Gigi and I swam along the beach for hours picking up shells and looking at schools of fish.  I've never had so much fun in an ocean before.  The water was so incredibly clear you could see forever.  I felt like I was in some sort of movie.  It was an amazing time.  I woke up every morning and took pictures of the beautiful sunrise.  I was amazed by the beauty every single morning.  I would sit, and pray, and just thank God for that sunrise. 
I'm thankful that I was able to come even though I was sad to miss my families traditions.  I've never had a thanksgiving like this before.  We didn't do any cooking, and we were on the beach most of the day. 
We went to dinner at the Palm Beach Yacht Club which was very nice, and very fancy.  It wasn't the same, but it was nice.  I didn't make my famous coconut cream pie which is my thanksgiving tradition, but I might try to make it this week if I can find the time.  I've been craving a bite of my decadent pie.  

Well, I had a wonderful trip to Florida.  I've taken a few pictures, but I wish I would've taken more.  I just was captivated by the ocean and spent most of my time swimming. 
I'm somewhere over Florida on my way to Atlanta then onto Baltimore.  I gave up my seat on an earlier flight for two free round trip tickets.  Although it was a pain to sit in the airport for 4 hours, I'm happy for the ability to go home once or twice this year for free.  Airtran flies direct from BWI to SEA.  So, it'll be free to fly home for Meg's wedding!  Yay!  Anyway, I'm excited to be on my way home, and I can't wait to get back to my normal routine.  Making me even more happy then being home is the fact that I'll be flying back to Florida in a mere four days.  This time I'm not flying to Palm Beach though, this time I'm flying to Panama City Beach to see my dear cousin Hilary and her husband Tim.  O, I can't wait to see them.  It's been months.  Florida two weekends in a row.  It's a tough life here in DC.
Sorry for so few posts this month.  I'll try to make a video blog soon.  No time, no time. 
Love you all!

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment