ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

November? Already?

October 9th.
That is pitiful.  I can't believe it's been nearly a month since my last blog post.  Crazy.
DC has been lots of things, but mostly it's been fun.  The weather is lovely, and it's finally starting to get cold and winter seems to be on its way.  I'm starting to really get to know people, and I'm meeting new people all the time.  I knew I was a social person, but it's interesting to see how my personality is manifesting in these new surroundings.  It's hard to give an overview and also give details.  So, for now, I'll just give you a few general things that have happened or are happening that you can grasp. 
I started running.  Well, I'm attempting to be a runner, but it's challenging.  I've been just running a little and walking a lot.  About 2 hours each day I spend walking the trail.  I find that these hours are some of my favorite of the day.  I'm often caught talking on the phone, but I also spend a lot of that time thankful for the beautiful landscape and praying.  I'm flying to Florida to see Hilary in just a few weeks and while I'm there we're planning on walking a half-marathon.  I'm excited, nervous, and realizing that 13.1 miles is a long way.  Mostly, I'm excited to see my dear cousin.  :)
I'll be in Florida the last weekend of November for Thanksgiving, and I'm going back the very next weekend to see Hilary, so I'm definitely looking forward to warm weather and the beach.  (sigh) I'm really looking forward to the beach.  
The girls are great.  They continue to challenge me, but I love them so.  I just enjoy being with them.  The longer I'm here the more I love them.  We're past the initial "new" phase which is so nice.  They're beginning to understand me and my way of doing things, and I'm beginning to anticipate their moves and understand them a little better.  I just love being here. 
My room is starting to feel like my room.  Sarah painted me some amazing flowers that now hang over my bed.  I'll post some pictures of my bedroom soon(but if you come visit me you can see my room in person...haha).   It's nice to have a place that feels like it's mine though.  My room has really become my retreat.  
Molly is flying to visit me on Wednesday night.  I'm soooo excited, and can hardly wait for her to get here.  My kiddos are excited too.  Alicia talks about Molly visiting almost every day.  She's so cute, and I know Molly and the girls are going to love each other. 
Overall I'm still just amazed at my surroundings, and amazed at where God has brought me.  He has taken care of me on a level that even I could not have been expecting.  I'm living with an amazing family, and enjoy these girls so much.  :)  I'm so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment