ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Addicted to Coffee and Miss my Running

I'm  on a flight right now from DC to LAX.  Now, I know LA isn't usually considered "on the way" home, but I decided it was my safest bet.  So, here I am half way to LA, I just paid an outrageous amount to use this internet so I wouldn't be bored, and I'm writing this blog.  I had such an awesome week with Alicia who didn't have school even though Gigi did.  We went to the National Aquarium, we shopped, and we stayed busy....so busy, in fact, that she fell asleep every single day in the car.  I really had fun, and am so glad that I was able to spend that time alone with Alicia.  She needed some fun. 
To explain my title.  I have a crazy bad headache right now because I was so busy packing that I didn't take my coffee with me this morning.  There is nothing like forgetting your caffeine to remind you how desperately you NEED your caffeine.  This is the first time in my life that I can honestly state that I am addicted to my coffee.  I might try to change that...but right now I don't care to put forth any effort.  Maybe that will be my new year's resolution.  The other part of the title is that I haven't been able to go running since Sunday because I haven't had any time off during the day since Alicia hasn't had school.  It's been nearly 5 days now that I haven't gone for a long distance run, and it is the longest amount of days since I started this run/walk/workout  program.  I not only miss my coffee, but I also miss the endorphine kick from the running. :(

I can't believe how quickly the holidays have arrived.  I'm totally not in Christmas mode.  I'm sure the next 48 concentrated hours will have to suffice, but it just doesnt seem real.  Even when I was packing last night, or when I was at the airport I kept thinking, "wow, it's already the 23rd"  I was sure someone was going to hand me back my ticket and tell me that my flight wasn't for another week.  It can't possibly be Christmas already.  I'm happy for it, and I opened some presents last night from my work family which helped remind me that we're almost there.  Christmas day!!! 
I love Christmas.  Tim always wakes up super early, there's breakfast cereal and cinnamon rolls, presents, family, a fire blazing.  This year being together will mean more than ever.  I haven't seen anyone, except for Molly, since August.  August!  I've never been away from home for this long.  Europe was only 2 months, and during college I was rarely away for more than a few weeks.  It's been 4 months since I've seen all of them, and I miss them.  I know that I need to be prepared though.  It'll most likely be 6 or so months before I make a return trip, barring any unfortunate circumstances.  So, Christmas is going to have a much bigger impression as I look forward to more aspects than I ever have before. 
Merry Christmas to everyone as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, and enjoy some time with our family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment