ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Friday, August 13, 2010

MARYLAND!!!

So, for those of you that don't know already, I took a job nannying in Chevy Chase, Maryland right outside of DC.  Tuesday night I arrived, and it has been a little bit crazy/busy since.  I woke up early this morning to let you all in on the happenings of my new life.  :)  I feel very fortunate to have Cherail(their current Nanny that I'm replacing) for training.  She is fun and easy to talk to.  I'm getting a long really well with the girls, but I'm sure it'll become a little more difficult.  The first few months are always the hardest while I lay down the laws and have to hold firm to them.  But it's really been fun having girls rather than boys....I might change my mind about that later though. 
We've had crazy thunder storms here, and that has been interesting.  Our power was out for a day and a half, but it came back on last night in the middle of the night.  I've never been more thankful for air conditioning than now. 
I've been very encouraged this week by the outpouring of love and support, so thank you all for helping me be ready to take this giant step.  I'm sure it'll become more difficult, but for now I'm loving all the opportunities I have before me.  It sounds like my charges are up, so I'm going to have to write more later.  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment