ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Never went to print

I love good stories.  I love listening and taking in.  I love watching the emotion play across their face like it was yesterday.  Nearly 60 years ago they met.  She a Newsweek reporter and he a public health engineer.  She was writing an article, and he was the expert.  It wasn't love at first sight or anything of that nature.  In fact, he asked her where she lived and if she needed a ride home, but when it was in the opposite direction he told her just that.  I laughed out loud.  So chivalrous.  A few weeks later they ran into each other at Safeway and he made her dinner.  History.  They were married, and two long careers and three children later they're sitting here at the dinner table telling me about their life adventures.  He smiled the entire time he told this story.  The smile was contagious.  The best part is, her article never went to print. 

No comments:

Post a Comment