ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So, I talk to God.

God's control and timing of things is so perfect.  He brought me here, of this I have no doubt.  I sat outside in the ridiculously hot humid night thinking about what on earth I could possibly be doing in a DC suburb.  I don't know or understand the local culture.  I'm a farm girl from Wapato.  I've always felt comfortable in cities, but I've never actually lived in one. Why did God bring me here?  I sat in my room praying for peace and guidance.  I've never felt more peaceful than I do about my decision to come.  But now that I'm actually here I want to make sure I'm open to His leading.  Having not met many people it's hard for me to actually know what the first step is.  I went to church on Sunday, but now what?  What is my next step of obedience?  I spend a great deal of my days talking with Pop Pop and Grandma(they are currently living here since Grandma Karen fell and broke her arm) but that is about it.  I can't give in and just do nothing(and shopping hardly counts as something).  I've cleaned and rearranged my room, then rearranged it again...just for fun.  I'm enjoying driving around and finding new places, but it's not the same without people.  I've learned that almost everything I do has something to do with human interaction.  I go places and do things for fun, but it's more for the people I'm doing them with.  Starbucks isn't the same without some sort of conversation.  What I'm trying to say is this: I'm realizing real quick that maybe I need to learn how to talk to God in a different way.  A way that makes me less dependant on the people around me, and more dependant on my relationship with him.  Now this might seem basic, but when I'm sitting here face to face with my new reality, it's seems more critical, more important than it ever has before.  I'm enjoying this "alone" time with God, the forced solidarity isn't as bad as I would've imagined, but having patience is.  God brought me here for a purpose...now what is it?  I spent three years in Yakima before I really realized His plan in taking me there, so I'm thinking it could be a similar situation here.  Trusting God's plan is easy, but also one of the hardest things. 
Speaking of my reason for being in Yakima.  Have I mentioned how incredibly amazing it is having your best friend trust in Jesus as their Savior?  I've never been more encouraged by anyone as I have been by Kendra.  Watching her learn lessons and trust and believe more every day touches me in such an amazing way.  I'm so thankful for God's grace and mercy.  I never even imagined I could be this blessed. 
I'm headed for bed now.  Pray that I'll find some way to employ myself tomorrow that blesses someone else. 
Thank you all for your many prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment