ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Germany, France, Switzerland, and the BFA

Well, I had an amazing weekend with the Howe's. It was like getting a taste of home. We had a good time seeing things all around the area. The Black forest is beautiful, and the area is spectacular. We walked across the border into France, and then we drove into Basel, Switzerland. Basel is also beautiful. The old city has some very cool buildings. We had a wonderful time walking around. We also drove up to the top of a mountain, and then climbed a lookout tower. The view was breathtaking. I couldn't believe how far you could see. I am so glad I went down there and spent the weekend with them. It was wonderful to just get out and see more of Germany. It was definitely different from the city. The small villages were exactly what you would expect, and some of the buildings are so old. The dorm building that the Howe's live in is older then our country....now that is weird to think about. The villages were very quaint and very cute. The Black forest Academy is very cool. It is hard to imagine what it's like when there are kids everywhere, but it was definitely fun to see the school and to hear about how things work. I thank God for such an eventful weekend, and I'm so glad I was able to go.
Please Pray for Jane and Ray as they will be traveling back to the States tomorrow. We are going to drive them to the airport at 5:30, which is aproximately 5 hours from now.....so I'm going to go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/8/08 19:53

    Did u bring me some chocolate from Switzerland?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/8/08 23:04

    So glad you went and had an amazing time....I have pics of the exact place they took you to the look out...jodi took me there also:) Arent the little towns which are like totally their own town yet like 5 min from each other soooo cute...I loved it there when I went...way to go and be adventures carrie...love you!!! Laura

    ReplyDelete