ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ummmm

Well, after being gone for so long, and having so many incredible things to tell everyone on this blog, it's kind of hard to think of interesting things to write. I could tell you all my everyday little occurrences......but they really aren't that exciting. I could try to jazz them up, but even then......boring. Like today, for example, I woke up early. My sister brought my niece over. Then I was down at my parents before 8:30. I started working at 9 and worked until 3:30. Then I drove home, quickly picked up the apartment, then drove to the airport to pick up my roommate. Then I walked to Franklin and back. I decided I wanted to bake something so I made a small batch of cookies. I decided Becky could take them to work with her tomorrow. Then I burned the entire batch because I was talking with Becky.......and now I am sitting in my big chair, writing on this blog. I guess things are only as exciting as you make them. There are a few fun things that happened in the in between time, but nothing as exciting as singing on the streets of downtown Bad Godesburg for money. I'm not complaining, I got a lot accomplished today, but it isn't that exciting to talk about. I'll try to update this blog every once in a while though. I do want everyone to stay connected into my life, even if it is boring.
I've been having a good time being back in Yakima. It's great to see everyone and to get back to my day to day life. It is so exciting to look at my closet every morning. It gets a little hard to live out of a backpack for a whole summer. Every time I opened my bag I was hoping to spot a shirt I hadn't seen in a while, but time after time the same 4 shirts were residing in my backpack.....it gets unfortunate after awhile. I had a great time this summer though, even if I did get tired of my clothes. It was totally worth not having much luggage. Having a small bag was really nice, you could take it with you everywhere.
Europe is great, I think everyone should go! I think the great thing about Europe is not the sight seeing, or the beautiful architecture. It's not seeing things you've never seen before, or traveling around. The incredible thing about Europe was getting to meet and get to know our church family there. Getting to hear their stories, being a part of their lives. My favorite part about Europe wasn't the teaching, or the fun, crazy, middle of the night walks with Annie(even though those were great), my favorite part was seeing, experiencing, encouraging, and being encouraged by the body of Christ. Being loved and embraced by the different church bodies was encouraging and also a good challenge. I think that I have learned so much about hospitality, and cheerful openness. It isn't an inconvenience to serve others, it is an opportunity. I hope that I take up the opportunity every time it presents itself.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous27/8/08 01:53

    Spending time with your one and only niece isn't exciting....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am going to tell her you said she was boring:)

    ReplyDelete