ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Monday, December 15, 2008

2008

2008
I can hardly believe that the year is almost over. Every year we seem to think that the current year has passed faster than the previous year, and yet time continues on as it always has. As I get older I appreciate more and more the time we have. Time to serve and glorify our Lord, time to serve and love one another.
This year has been one of much adventure, fun, growth, and learning.
Becky and I on our way to the store.....good times.
God again has blessed me with the presence of my incredible roommate Becky. She has been so patient and kind, such a willing friend, and the most encouraging person in my life. She has always been available to listen to me, even when we both know I'm not being logical. She puts up with my crazy adventures and ideas. I couldn't be more thankful for this incredible person that God has created. A child of His that I've had the opportunity to know.

Tre, Maggie and I
I was able to continue on in the most fun job I've ever had. Being a nanny is not only a great experience, it has given me the ability to get to know two very complex little beings. I love these kids, and I'm glad that God sent me to their family. What a gift.
I can't believe how much God has given to me this year. He has been very generous in his dealings with me. This definitely hasn't been the easiest year of my life, but God has shown me His presence in ways I had never noticed before. He has shown me areas of my life that needed to change, and then helped me to remove those idols. I've failed in ways I didn't know I could, but I always knew that God was showing me something through my sinful stupidity.

Getting Heidi ready

God allowed me to see my beautiful cousin Heidi marry an incredible, godly man. I'm so thankful and glad that I got to be a part of that.


Chelsea's car at the scene
God also took two of my favorite people to heaven this year. Through it all I have seen God work, and felt His presence in my life in ways I couldn't have expected. I've never felt more at peace then I do about Chelsea's death. I haven't questioned for one second God's control of all situations, including these. I'm so glad that God brought her into my life, and even though it feels like she had her life cut short it isn't true. She is in Heaven......I'll just have to wait a while to see her again. I definitely miss her.
My dear grandfather was an incredible man, who leaves behind him a legacy of godly children and grandchildren. I hope I can be remembered as he was. I'm so thankful that God placed me in his family, but even more thankful that I will see my grandfather again one day.


At my grandfathers funeral we each got to put a handful of dirt onto the casket.

In October I was able to go hunting with my dad, brothers and sisters. We had a wonderful time, and I got to see all kinds of incredible scenery. It was so much fun to be in the mountains and have time to be away from civilization and our normal routines. I'm so thankful for those two weeks.

Up hunting I got to see the sunset behind Mt. Rainier every night....It was incredible every time.
I had one of the most memorable summers of my life. I got to go and do things most people will never get the chance to do. It was awesome seeing God provide a way to Europe for me, and then being able to see His work being done in all of these countries. We were able to hear stories and be encouraged. I think I gained more then I left behind. What can I say? I do not deserve all that God has sent my way.
In front of Bojnice Castle in Slovakia.

Slovakia was a time of encouragement and fun. Being with the church family was one of the highlights of my summer.



I could not have asked for a better team. Our ability to work together and get along was uncanny. It was a gift from God that I got to spend time with these awesome brothers and sisters.







Maggie and I reading the twilight Saga.....we had way to much fun together.
God has also given me time with the kids in my youth group. Time to get to know them, and also allow them to know me. I have been told that spending time with middle school aged kids isn't easy, but I have found otherwise. I have realized this year what a gift it is to be with these kids. They are so impressionable, yet eager to learn and do what is right. They have taught me a lot, and challenged me in ways they couldn't even understand.
I was able to stay with a few different of these families while their parents were out of town. Maggie and I(picture above) found many ways to spend our 10 days together, but mostly we just had undescribable fun. I was blessed by getting to know those kids on a different level. I've also been able to host numerous girly sleep overs, and I've realized what a blessing it is to be single and living on my own. There is nothing stopping me from opening up my apartment to these kids.



Tre and I one morning with a beautiful sunrise.

I can't believe what a blessed life I have. Not only do we not deserve all that is provided for us, we don't deserve the sacrifice He made on our behalf by sending us His son. I pray that in 2009 I am able to glorify God with my life, and that I will continue to grow and change for His glory.



One of my favorite pictures of my brother Tim. This was taken opening morning of hunting season.

3 comments:

  1. loverly. we miss you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. (heid and luke that is!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to share your year! God has truly blessed you this year. May you be as blessed in the next!

    ReplyDelete