ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Life

For those of you that don't know, my friend Chelsea Garner was killed in a car accident this morning. As I was sitting on my bed, tears in my eyes, thinking of all the times she and I did fun, crazy things together in High School, I couldn't help but sit down and start typing. The first person I talked to said that even though this is a terrible thing, death is a part of life. I was thinking of that, and wondering at it's validity. Yes, death is a part of life, but what a small part. My friend Chelsea, who I've known ever since I was little, became a Christian last year. She and I talked extensively about how God came into, and changed her life. She truly was a new person in Christ. As I praise God for her friendship, and what a bright and sunny person she was, mostly I praise God that He saved her. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that I will see her in Heaven. She has died, but not a permanent death. Because Christ died for our sins, she now lives. I can sit here and smile knowing that God is in control, but mainly that Chelsea isn't dead, she lives in Heaven with the Most High King. What a privilege.


5 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you, Carrie. It's hard, it's tough, but God is so, so, so, so good.

    It's the end of a painful sinful life...and a start of a new glorious one. That's a wonderful comfort....And God gives so, so much grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie,

    Your faith amazes and inspires me! I am so sorry for your loss. I know you are hurting right now and I am praying for you! I am so glad to know that she was a Christian - praise God for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am continuing to pray for you and your friends family. What a blessing that you know she is in Heaven, because the alternate makes it even more tragic. And the blessing is that you know she is in Heaven enjoying the presence her perfect Savior!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that is heart rending to hear. I am praying for you and for her family! Our frailty of life is so often ignored. I praise God that he keeps us here as long as he does and that he has used you in amazing ways. I am excited to hear that she is his child and therefore he loves here dearly! it is hard to comprehend that a human relationship has ended, but we don't have to, for we WILL interact in the presence of our great and glorious God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have not been privileged enough to know Chelsea for very long, but the months that I called her a friend, I called her a good one. It's so good to see that she was loved by so many. Anyone that wasn't fortunate enough to know her has missed out on something great.

    ReplyDelete