ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wonderful Weekends

Pullman is a town full of incredible people. If I had to decide to come back to school at WSU solely based on my opinion of the People in Pullman, I would move back and never leave. We had such a great time at the highland games, watching the men compete, and enjoying the fellowship that comes so easily to a group of true, bible believing, Christians. Not only did we get to celebrate Heidi's upcoming marriage in style(aka our "Game Over" shirts), we got to spend time with some of our closest friends. What a great weekend.

Here are some pictures of the festivities. Some are of the Bachelorette party, and some are of the games.

Hilary didn't make it in this group photo(she was taking the picture). This was right before we left for the Wine Cellar. We had a lovely time, and we shared a bottle of some very good wine. Hilary learned a few things about wine etiquette, and I thought that was great. She did a fabulous job ordering our wine.


This is the whole group at the Highland Games. We had matching shirts that said "Game Over" with a picture of a Bride and Groom. We got the shirt idea while we were in Europe(it's a European tradition for Bachelorette Parties). One night, while walking down the streets of Bonn, we saw a shirt hanging in a print shop window with this design on it. Jane, of course, re-did the design, and I made the shirts. I thought they looked great.


This is the cake I made for the party. I am having so much fun making these fancy cakes. This was the best one so far. The cake was dark chocolate with Nutella between each layer, and then a chocolate frosting underneath the fondant. It traveled very well, and it was so much fun to finally eat. It's great when things look beautiful AND taste delicious.


Hil and I together at the Highland Games. It was fun to be back at the Pullman house, but at times a little strange. The two of us lived in that house for nearly two years, and in many ways it still feels like home even though none of our stuff is there. I love being in Pullman with Hilary, it is always a delight.


O these strong, strong men. That was one of the most intense tug-of-wars of ever seen. These guys really go all out.


No comments:

Post a Comment