ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Not Again

So, none of my blogs have been very upbeat lately. Unfortunately, neither is this one. A girl that used to worked at my parents restaurants died this past weekend from a drug overdose. The news was shockingly sad for me. I'm a sensitive person, so hearing things like that automatically cuts straight to my core, but what brought on the tears was the fact that she had a three year old son. This child will never know his mom. He will have to live his whole life with the knowledge that she died of a drug overdose. And, who knows what sort of life he will have now that both of his parents are gone. As hard as it is to believe that she is actually gone, it is almost harder for me to imagine the life of this child. It is definitely a different type of pain then any of my other friends that have died since I know that she didn't believe that there was a God. When Chelsea died I was secure in the fact that she was in Heaven, so this is so different. Today I have taken to praying for the child, Jaedyn. I know that God can change his life. We don't know all that God could have planned for that little life. He is still here and I know that situations like these can definitely be used for God's glory.

When I picked Tre and Maggie up from school yesterday I told them what had happened. And although this situation is not funny at all, Tre's response was. He said, "Carrie, your friends die a lot". I wanted to deny that statement, but I couldn't. Although very few of my friends have died, to a 9 year having 3 people die in a 4 month period is probably a lot. I was thankful for his statement though, because it reminded me again how precious life is. We don't know when anyone will die. I am so thankful for the time I have, and I pray for my friends and family that don't know of the saving blood of Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous28/1/09 20:00

    I had friends....and professors.....say the same thing. "Do people around you always die off like this? Do I still want to know you?"

    The last bit being sarcastic, but it bit. It did.

    ReplyDelete