ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Monday, January 5, 2009

An Exciting Weekend

Sorry it has been so long since I last posted. This will be my first post of the year 2009....how exciting! New Years was fantastic, as usual. I was at the Boothmans annual shindig. It was great fun to see my college friends. I was able to catch up and talk with many of them. We sang, and sang, and there is nothing more joyous then ringing in the new year surrounded by your favorite people.
Well, to start off the new year I drove to the Westside to see my good friend Katherine marry her beau JD. It was an incredibly beautiful wedding. It was awesome to be able to see so many people that I haven't really seen since I left WSU.
The drive over was a little crazy, but I'm glad I took the time to drive. I had to drive through Portland since the Pass was closed. It turned a 3 hr. drive into a 6 hr drive....but I didn't mind. I was able to stop in Vancouver and have coffee with my best bud, Alison. It also gave me a lot of time to pray, think, and yell at stupid drivers.(seriously people....just because there is snow on the side of the road doesn't mean you need to go 30mph under the speed limit)... Ok, Ok, I tried not to yell to often, but when you've been driving for as long as I had, the other drivers start to get on your nerves. It was a pleasant drive though. I had a really good time.
Here are a few pictures from the wedding.

I'm sad that this picture didn't turn out a little clearer....but you get the idea. The church looked beautiful.

These were my bible study girls.

Katherine and I
Katherine as she walked down the aisle.

Mr. and Mrs. Weitzel

No comments:

Post a Comment