ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One day at a time

I'm up tonight. I can't sleep. I have to work early tomorrow morning. My alarm is set for 4:45. I hate when I can't fall asleep the night before I have to work. I'm sure if I didn't think about it I would fall asleep quickly, but because I'm trying to fall asleep my mind runs over everything that has happened in the past week, or so.
I reread my Europe journal, and went through this blog and read some of the things I posted while I was away. It is funny how quickly I was taken back to some of the feelings and emotions I was experiencing at the time. The homesickness, the joy of teaching, the thrill of singing in the streets, the wonderful people, all the incredible things that happened.
I was again realizing how thankful I am that I was able to go, but one thing bothered me. Why don't I have those same emotions here? Why isn't my life in Yakima viewed with that same intensity? Why don't I wake up every morning ready to share Gods love with someone new? Why don't I dwell on what my objective of the day will be? Shouldn't I be ready for all that God can do through me right here in Yakima? I think I am being used here, and I know that some of those things happen just because I am growing and learning through Him, but I want to be prepared to think of Yakima as my mission field. I want to wake up tomorrow ready to show God's love to Tre and Maggie. Ready to help them grow in their relationships with God. I want to love and serve the people around me. I want to truly be selfless. Ready to help at a moments notice. Ready to do whatever needs doing. I want to be a tool that is used, not one that just watches. I want to truly desire Gods will for my life. It is easy to say that I want His will to be done, but am I OK when something doesn't go the way I thought it would? Am I really ready to follow Christ at any cost? I want to be. I want to live a life in absolute submission to His will.
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Ephesians 5:15-21

No comments:

Post a Comment