ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Venezuela

I was looking through my Venezuela pictures tonight. I was taken back to a wonderful time spent with my sister, and an amazing time showing God's love to so many children. Here are a few pictures. I was struck tonight by the beauty of the South American people. What a great experience. All of these pictures were from the 2007 trip.



These pictures were so fun to look through. So many incredible times.
It was such a pleasure getting to take my little sis along the second time. She was a joy to have on our team. She was more of an asset then we could have ever expected. I love her so much, and it took a trip around the world to see what an incredible human God had made.
Craft time

















Jaireh was one of the kids we spent a lot of time with. She was over at the pastors house often.
WARNING! These Next photo's are Gross.
I just found these photos of my spider bitten, horribly infected legs. I didn't even realize I had these pictures. I find it so funny how quickly I forgot how bad my legs were. I remember the pain, and I remember what I was thinking, but I had forgotten how bad they really looked. The pictures don't really do it justice, but they were example enough. I didn't let people take pictures of my legs because they looked so bad, but I guess there were a few. I'm so thankful that I made it back safely and that my legs healed. Even now nearly two years later just looking at the pictures make my legs ache, and if the pictures aren't enough, I still have some wonderful scars to remind me. We joked around that they are "the scars of the gospel"....that is a bit of an exaggeration, but I'm so thankful that God protected me. I hate spiders.


The first day they started to swell. These two pictures were taken the day that everyone prayed for me on the drive off the mountain. Although I was in terrible pain, having everyone pray over me was an incredible experience.
The next two pictures are side by sides of the same leg, but a few days apart. The last photo was right after we had landed in the U.S. It isn't very focused, but I don't think it matters....what you see is enough. The photos aren't that great....but I think they are interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment