ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Camp!!!!

Wow, what a week! This week has been absolutely fun, and I'm totally enjoying my new group of kids. It's funny that I'm having such a great time since this week has been much more challenging then the last camp. I have 11 kids 8 of them are boys and all of them range in age from 14 to 16. The first day I just wanted to curl up into a ball and die. They all sat there, staring at me, and didn't want to participate at all. I turned to Efraim with a look of, "what do I do" and he just shook his head. The first day was hard, but after it was all over I was ready to make yesterday better. And better it was. The deal with boys is that you just have to get to know them. Again, telling them that I can play basketball always increases my notches on there respect chart, and some of them hang around the church afterwards and as I get to know them the better things go. Today was a little harder, but still it went really well. I'm having a wonderful time with this group of kids. Sure, it's busy and my mind is always trying to come up with new games to play, or vocab words to use, but for the most part it is going really well. I thank you all for praying, and please continue to pray for all of us as we continue on through the week.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous17/7/08 20:17

    Carrie,
    Just a little note from home....Dad put you, Hannah, Molly and Kurt in for branched bull as a group and you all got drawn! You'll have the best guide ever! He's so excited he can hardly stand it.

    ReplyDelete