ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Praises!

I felt last night that I didn't spend enough time in that blog really praising God for all He has accomplished this last week. One thing after another fell into place last week, and without God's guidance and counsel the camp wouldn't have been successful.
First off, God allowed opportunities for there to be many spiritual conversations. We didn't have very many kids in our group that were saved, but I know they all her the gospel a number of times. One kid, Casper, came to church for the first time. A number of the kids were very moved by our conversations. I know that the conversations could not have been good without the Holy Spirit in Alana, Efraim, Lukash, and me.
Secondly, my allergies were horrible. I eluded to there severity, but didn't give the whole story. I couldn't breathe at night, I was sneezing almost constantly, I had a constant headache, I couldn't go anywhere without feeling horrible, and my whole body was tired from sneezing so often. God just worked it out that Paul would have an extra container of medicine. I am so thankful.
Thirdly, Camp went so smoothly. Beyond just spiritual conversations the rest of the camp was great. It was fun to get to know the kids, and everything always just seemed to fall into place.
Fourthly, the tent crusades went very well every night last week. Some nights there were more people then others, but for the most part they all went very smoothly. I was thankful to get to here Paul preach on so many occasions. He is encouraging to listen to. Even though we were beat every night from camp, it was good to hear the gospel and all of Paul's stories.
There is so much more to tell, and if I can think of more praises I will post them soon. What a mighty God we serve!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/7/08 04:35

    Ok Sparky,
    Here's the deal. Well, sort of.
    I'm strongly considering taking an intensive chinese course in August starting on the fourth.
    That could potentially mess things up. I haven't totally made up my mind but I'm praying about it. We could always go to Paris instead of England.
    Oh Weh, O Weh! Pray for me.
    Love,
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete