ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Train, Bus, Train, Bus, Train

Here are some pictures!
Our team with Alma, a missionary from Mexico City.
She was great and we had a wonderful time talking with her.

Me, Hilary, and Annie in front of the castle.

We were actually in a Zoo that had a vantage point up to the castle.

Bojnice Castle.


In the train. It was our final train ride of the day.

The team in Slovakia



My trip has been going so incredibly great! Praise God because the ease of our trip is due to Him. We came back to Cieszyn today from Partizanske, Slovakia. Our trip into Slovakia to see Mata was great and we had a fun time being with her church and getting to know her church family. They were great and loved to hear us sing. We have sang SO much on this trip. It's a good thing I love to sing. We not only sang for the church, but we were often caught singing in the train stations or anywhere there was good acustics(spelling?) God blessed all of us with an ability to sing. We had Jane and Hilary singing harmony while me, Carrie, the rock, Calhoun(nickname given by Jane) lead the rest of us on Melody. Anyway, we have been having a wonderful time. We walked all through an old castle. It is pretty amazing to think that some of these things just sitting right in front of me were made before Colombus even sailed across the ocean blue. Slovakia was a great experience and a good wind down time. We needed that time as a team to not be running around trying to figure out how to teach kids English.

I am glad to be back in Cieszyn. Out of all the places we've been, Cieszyn has been my favorite. Our friends here are great, and in some ways coming back to the church today felt like we were all coming home. I missed being here while we were gone.
Today was an adventure. It all went well, but it was a bit scary. We rode back from Slovakia on the public transportation(gasps, awe, scary screams, gasps.......etc.) When you say that to people here you almost always get that reaction. The Slovak and Polish transportation is not as reliable as the German or any other European public transportation for that matter. My title is because we literally went from train to bus then to train then another bus and finally we got on our final train. Then we had to carry our luggage from the train station up the hill to the church(1 mile or maybe a little further) It wasn't that bad, but it was definitely an adventure.
Meeting our brothers and sisters here in Europe has been very encouraging. I'm thankful that we were able to pray for them, and I hope that someday I can come back and help them again. Teaching English is a great way to share the gospel. People here of all ages are excited to learn English, so what an opportunity to teach them about things that really matter. Praise God for all He is doing in the churches here in Poland and Slovakia. They are all quite young since Communism fell less than 20 years ago. Please Pray for them as they share and grow. God is doing much here and I pray that the opportunity for my return is not to far off.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous27/7/08 03:34

    Carrie! It is so wonderful to read your blogs and share in your adventure! Thanks for keeping us posted with pictures and how God is working in you and thru you. We sure miss you! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's amazing that I finally found your blog. I did realize though that, I LOVE YOUR PICTURES! I'm glad God's paved your way over there and opened their hearts and ears before you. Have fun and see you when you get back! xoxo~s

    ReplyDelete