ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cieszyn and Slovakia

Well, it has been quite some time since Ive been able to write on this blog. Im on a weird keyboard, so somethings might be typed wrong. Cieszyn was amazing. Camp was so great. I learned to love all the boys and by the end of the week I was sad to see them go. One of my favorites, Toby, came to the church to say goodbye to me since he wouldnt see me in church and I almost wanted to cry. I had an amazing time teaching those kids. The week went really well even though there were so many of them. We had a total of 48 kids. That is a lot considering there were only 5 of us. We had lots of help from the Polish church members and translators which was amazing. We were in Cieszyn until Sunday night. Then two cars from Slovakia drove and picked us up. We are now staying at the mission house of the church here in Paratznske, Slovakia{I know I spelled that wrong, but I gave it my best shot}. It has been great seeing Mata again, and her family has been working really hard to take care of us. We are hoping to help them in any way why we are here, and so far it has been mainly in the form of singing. God put together a great group of singers, so we basically sing all the time, anytime, anywhere. It has been really fun, and on more then one occasion I have been thanking God that I really dont have much stage fright since Ive been singing at church in Yakima. God has really been taking care of us, and we have had a great time as a team so far. It is so great to meet our brothers and sisters over here, and I have been really encouraged by all the people I have met. One of the other missionaries staying here in Slovakia is an amazing woman from Mexico city. It is funny because the Slovak people have a hard time understanding her accent, but because we are around Mexican people all the time, we have no problems what so ever. She is great and talking with her has been really fun. She is a true woman of God. I have a line of people waiting to get on, but Ill try to write more later. I love you all, thanks for praying.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous22/7/08 15:26

    Thanks for posting Carrie! I'm excited to hear what God is doing.

    love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete