ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Leaving

Tonight is our last night in Dziezoroniow. We will leave tomorrow night for Cieszyn(the spelling of both of those places could possibly be questionable). I am excited for the move, but also sad to leave this church. We have had the most amazing time staying here with the church and with the Weresch's. Next week is going to be a busy week, so the more time we spend getting ready the better.
The end of camp went well, and our weekend was nice and relaxing. We still went here there and everywhere, but the stress of preparing for the next day was taken off our shoulders. I have really been enjoying our late night walks around the town. It is really beautiful here, and walking is a really great way to see everything.
Saturday they took us to this really great swimming pool. We had so much fun. It was just us and most of the people our age from the church. Since we had spend all week working with them at the camp, it was fun to have a final group hang out time together.
Sunday we sang in church. The church service was really great. Sasha, a Russian pastor that stayed the week with us, preached and he did a really amazing job. We had an amazing time getting to know Sasha and I have to say, that he is my favorite Russian!(not to mention the only Russian I really know)
We have been having fun at every turn, and Poland is great.
Thank you all for praying for my allergies. I don't know if I had told you yet, but Paul gave me some different allergy medicine that has been completely amazing. I finally feel like my normal self.
Thank you all for continuing to pray for me. I will definitely need them this next week. Camp is going to be twice as big as this week, which means twice the challenge. I am up for anything. Besides, God will give me all the strength I need. I will write about our trip to Cieszyn when I get the chance.
P.S. The Polish people have this thing for crazy steep spiral staircases. Which if you know me at all, are really scary to someone who is completely afraid of heights. Lets just say everyone has one more thing to make fun of me for. I was entirely afraid.
I'll get some pictures up here soon. We have some really good ones!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/7/08 21:12

    Carrie,
    Thanks for posting. I read them all and eagerly wait for the next one.
    Love you,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad you finally have your allergies under control! we'll continue praying for you always.
    katie v.

    ReplyDelete