ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Today(or rather yesterday)

I'm posting twice in the same sitting, but they will have been posted in two different days. Ha, that kind of cracks me up. I look so dedicated to my blog but really I just wait until midnight to post so it looks like I post every day........... Ok, moving on.......... My day today was strange. First off, I went to work but wasn't exactly needed because my boss was only on call, not at the hospital working. So, I did my normal routine with the kids but there mom was at the house all along(this felt really strange since I'm just not used to her being there). After I took the kids to school my boss, Mary, invited me to go to Costco with her since she would rather have someone to talk and hang out with versus going alone. Since I rarely pass up a trip to Costco, I agreed. We had a good time walking around talking about Europe, and the rest of my summer plans. After we got back from Costco and a few other errands I left there house and headed to my apartment where I thought about cleaning my room but opted instead to play my piano and bake cookies. I had a joyous afternoon and was climbing into bed to take an hour long nap when my boss called beckoning me back to there house since she got called in to work. Tired, but smiling, I left my apartment to go pick up my kids. We had a fun afternoon down at my parents farm.
At five o'clock I had a call from my roommate who informed me that a friend of hers was killed in an airplane accident. I sat in the car, with my two kids and my little brother in the back seat, trying to think of the right words to say to comfort my dear roommate. Talk about a day switch. All of a sudden my mind was constantly trying to evaluate Becky's emotions. Where is she? Does she need me? Do I need to talk or listen? What do I say? How can I help her? I did the best I could on the phone, praying for his family, and trying to get a feel for how she was doing. I knew she was taking this hard and being stranded at work with three kids was probably the worst place I could have been. There was nothing I could do to get away but I wanted so badly to just give her a hug, sit on the floor next to her and just listen to all that was going through her mind. I am praying that the Lord will give us some time in the morning to just be. I really want to spend time in prayer for his family, friends, and all the relatives that will be devastated by this news. It was a sad way to end my day, but I'm so very thankful that I have God to lean on, or I'm sure I would go crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Carrie, I don't get tired of your posts. I love hearing from your life. Keep it up, dear cousin. Today is my mom's birthday!
    Love,
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete