ME

My photo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
I left my family, my friends, my comfort zone and moved across the country. I'm learning to love and rely on God in a whole new way.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Poland!

We made it to Poland safely! God was so amazing today. We traveled to Berlin via train and we were all a little worried about getting on the right bus after getting off our train in Berlin. Mind you the Berlin train station is the largest in Europe.(Its the one from the Bourne Supremacy if you want to get a good look at it) WE found the information center but the line was huge, and we knew we didn't have that much time. Then, out of no where, a man walked over to us and asked if he could help. We asked him how we got on the bus and he promptly told us where to go, and what bus to get on. We walked across the street, and right then our bus pulled up. We made it to the train station just in time to see Jane and Ray walk off there plane. Then 3 minutes later Ephraim walked into the airport to get us, and off we went to Poland. The timing was amazing, and can only be attributed to our great God. We had a pleasant drive, most of us slept. Tonight we had a tent crusade where Paul preached, and at the altar called 4 people came forward. It was amazing, and the prayer time was great, and much needed. I am so thankful for our amazing trip and am really looking forward to starting camp tomorrow. Tonight they decided that my group is going to be the oldest and farthest along of all the kids. I'm really excited because I'll be working and teaching alongside Alana(I only met her on Tuesday, but we were fast friends) and Ephraim will be one of our translators. I'm excited to get started. Please pray for our kids. I think that they will be fun since we will have a better ability to communicate. Everything has been so wonderful so far, and the people are great. I have been feeling a real need to make sure that when I get home my home is a place of hospitality, and that I am open to people coming and staying and serving them in any way. We have been served in so many ways and I hope that if real hospitality is the one thing I learn, that I instantly put it into practice when I return. Well, I need to go to bed morning is coming quickly. I thank you all for your prayers. I can only praise God for letting today go as well as it did.

4 comments:

  1. Carrie...
    the pic of you and the castle looks like one off PandP..
    its beautiful and im jealous..
    anyway i miss you sister.... love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know that we think of you often...Love you My Dear!
    ~~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/7/08 00:13

    Great Post!! Keep up the praying that God would send the right kids and the right people who are ready to hear the gospel. We will praying for you and all the team.
    Love, Uncle Rodger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice posts - It is great being able to read updates!
    Pastor Bryan

    ReplyDelete